How can I make a stronger password?
It is important to have a password that is easy to remember, but hard to guess.
Hackers can guess your password if it is a name or word from the dictionary.
The best password will contain the following:
- At least two Capital letters
- At least one lower-case letter
- At least one number
- At least two symbols
Writing down your password is the most common security risk.
But imagining and then remembering such a password can be difficult.
Ok, here is how to make great passwords.
- Start with a really simple word or name at least 6 letters long. I will use my name: hbjamaica
- Change two letters to symbols that looks similar. Use $ for s, @ for a, ! for i, and so on: hb$am@ica
- Change a letter to a number that looks similar. Use 1 for l, 0 for o, 8 for b, and so on: hb$am@i8a
- Include two Capital letters, like this: HB$aM@i8a
Great! Now you have a password that is easy to remember, but hard to guess.
It is acceptable to make a few different passwords and reuse them for different sites and devices. Just be sure that you don't reuse your most important passwords.
Was this answer helpful?
A distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack is when a number of servers on the internet...
Information Collection and Use Practices· HBJamaica's practice is not to use the content...
Browser hijacking is one of the web's constant dangers. Whether it arrives in the form of a...
To avoid service interruptions, please ensure that your systems are SHA-256 compatible SSL...
To report any abusive site or activity, please email email@example.com and our security team...