How can I transfer my domain to you?
If you want to transfer your website files and content, please click here.
If you wish to transfer your domain registration to us please do the following:
- Go to the following link.
- Inside the box, under Transfer A Domain Name, enter the domain you wish to transfer and click on the Transfer button.
- Complete the domain transfer form and click on the Purchase button, located at the bottom of the form.
Note: This process requires that you pay immediately with credit card online or you can take the generated invoice to pay offline using JNBS, JN Money Shop or Scotia Bank. We also offer online bill payment options, without joining a line, using Scotia Bank or JNBS. Please contact our office for any questions at 1-877-605-2167 after submitting your order.
MUST READ BEFORE TRANSFERRING
Registration transfers usually take 5 to 7 days to process. There are two settings that must be correct on your domain, or the transfer will fail. Please check these two things before submitting a transfer request.
- You must check to make sure if the email on your domain is correct. Once you start the transfer, the current registrar is going to email this address asking for permission to move the domain. If the email listed isn't your email or doesn't work, you can't respond to this email and thus the transfer will fail.
- You must make sure the domain isn't locked. If it is locked, even if you agree to the transfer, the transfer will fail.
You can check both of the above by going to: http://whois.domaintools.com. Once there, type your-domain.com in the field labeled "Whois Lookup:" and click submit. Find where it says "Administrative Contact:" This is where your correct email address must be listed.
Now scroll down to where it says "Status:" If the status says "locked or clientTransferProhibited," you must get this changed before doing the transfer. This requires that you simply unlock the domain.
To get the above changed you must contact the registrar (the company where you bought the domain), and ask them to make the necessary changes. Some registrars let you make these changes yourself from within their control panel.
Note: You may not transfer a domain unless it has been at the current registrar for at least 60 days. Additionally, if your domain is expired you may not transfer it until you first renew the registration with the current company.
Was this answer helpful?
The Registrar can be a different company other than the hosting company. If you do register with...
Making the decision to move your website to a new domain can be daunting. Even a simple change...
1. Log in to your GoDaddy account. There are currently multiple versions of the GoDaddy...
If you registered, for example, domain1.com and you would rather have domain-one.net, then you...
So, you're ready to jump onto the web - all you need is the perfect domain name (i.e. website...