Problems Using A Credit Card with PayPal
Are you having problems using your credit or debit card with PayPal. We do understand how frustrating that can be. Generally, PayPal is problem free but from time to time issues do arise.
On occasion when users attempt to make a payment by using credit card without logging in to a PayPal account, PayPal will reject the credit card information and returns the following error message or something very similar:The credit card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit card number.
The issue is definitely confusing because the rejection might happen with credit card which was previously accepted and worked properly.
There are numerous reasons on why PayPal won’t let you use your credit card, displays the card rejected error or won't show you the option to pay with a credit card. Some of the reasons we experienced with other customers are listed below.
- PayPal Thinks You Are Logged In (Stored Cookies)
- Sometimes PayPal thinks that you are signed into PayPal, and therefore won’t let you use your card. To get around this, clear the cache of your internet browser and try once more. If you don’t know how to clear your cache, here is a helpful resource. http://www.refreshyourcache.com/
- Credit Card Is Linked or Associated with a PayPal Account
- Your credit card is already connected to an active PayPal account. If you had signed up for a PayPal account in the past using the same card you are trying to register with, you need to login to PayPal to continue. If you do not want to login, try using a different credit card.
- Email Address Is Linked or Associated with a PayPal Account
- Your email address is associated with an active PayPal account. As stated above, if you had signed up for a PayPal account in the past using the same email you are trying to register with, you need to login to PayPal to continue. If you do not want to login, use a different email address.
- Credit Card Is Previously Used in PayPal Account or Assigned in Closed PayPal Account
- PayPal remembers a credit card's details even when it’s already been removed from the account. The information may also been remembered even if PayPal account which linked to the credit card is closed and deleted. In this case, try using another credit card, or assign the credit card to your PayPal account, and then pay while logged in.
- PayPal Not Available In Your Country/Region
- While PayPal is available in most regions, PayPal may not be available in your country. You can use the tool linked below to find out what services PayPal offers in your area.
- PayPal Limit on Non-Member Credit Card Usage
- According to a PayPal source, there is a limit based on the number of times, the amount of the transactions, the type of merchandise being sold that a credit card can be used within the system without having to verify ownership by opening an account. The restriction is for security and fraud protection purposes. You may have purchased items on PayPal before and the amount exceeds the cap which PayPal allots for individualsbefore they require you to register. To get around this, you can either use a new credit card, or sign up for a PayPal account. Remember, opening a PayPal account gives you added purchase protection so it's beneficial to you as a consumer to do so. Using a verfied PayPal account for payments keeps you from having to share your credit card information with multiple shops/merchants.
- Credit Card Is Not Confirmed in Your PayPal Account Settings
- If you have created an account with PayPal and the credit card has been linked to an account, but not yet confirmed, try completing all credit card information such as Card Verification Number or Security Code, and confirm the card by entering the PayPal code shown on the credit card statement on special refundable charge by PayPal.
In all these cases we're told the problem shouldn't arise if you add the credit card to a PayPal account and use it as the funding source for transactions through the PayPal account. If none of these points apply to you you can call PayPal Customer service. Contact information is provided below
PayPal Customer Service: 1-888-221-1161 1-402-935-2050 (if calling from outside the U.S.) 4:00 AM to 10:00 PM Pacific Time Monday through Friday 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM Pacific Time Saturday and Sunday
Was this answer helpful?
To complete the addition of a new site to your account, you need to verify that you own the site...
Submitting Your Sitemap 1. Log into Bing Webmaster Tools. 2. Type your website into the Add a...
After a customer pays at Paypal, how do I redirect them back to the web store, from paypal?...
FIRST, create a personal page with Trip Advisor:http://www.tripadvisor.com/SECONDLY, Please go to...
Meta tags are snippets of text that describe your page’s content. While invisible on the page...